Re: LSR status?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LSR status?
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 02:49:40 -0700

That's why I suggested that we encourage people to download the
snippet database.  It comes as a tarball of the snippets (each saved
in a different file; I assume just like input/*/*.ly ). It should be just as
easy to search that.

We could even make semi-official snippet collections -- instead of
simply having nightly tarballs, we could have occasional
"snippet releases". Or just include a nightly tarball with each lilypond
release.

It just seems that LSR is a nicer way to maintain "tips and tricks" than
the current input/test/ . AFAIK, nobody's really maintaining input/test/
(I should probably be, but I haven't looked at it in ages), and we
certainly don't get contributions from non-CVS committers.  I believe
that LSR _does_ get user contributions.  And it's certainly easier for
a user to add stuff to LSR than it is to get it into input/test/ .

If we could eliminate input/test/ while maintaining a bunch of greppable
snippets, would you be in favor?