LilyPond 2.5.28 as autopackage installer

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: LilyPond 2.5.28 as autopackage installer
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 00:14:14 +0200

As the last platform in row to get an installer, I'm quite pleased to
announce the first release of a LilyPond autopackage (autopackage.org)
installer for linux.  The idea is that these packages should install
work on any somewhat decent gnu/linux system, just by downloading and
running the package.

There are two flavours, there is one for new 2.5 installations

   http://lilypond.org/people/janneke/loes/lilypond-2.5.28.x86.package

which includes glib, pango, libpng and ghostcript.  There are more
dependencies, I'd like to here what dependency people are missing
most.

The other one

   http://lilypond.org/people/janneke/loes/lilypond-2.5.28-upgrade.x86.package

is for people who are already running some 2.5 version, and thus
already have all dependencies installed.

I also would like to hear about desktop/menu integration on the
various desktops.  I expect quite some problems here.  Also, point and
Click is not supported ootb, yet.  It may work if you configure[d]
your default mozilla based browser.

These packages have been tested on fedora 3 and debian unstable in
normal user accounts, none of the testers dared doing a root install
yet.

Btw, did I tell you this is the first release, and it will probably
eat your hard disk?

Bug reports, success reports, and patches here.  The sources are in
the installer/linux/autopackage module in LilyPond's cvs.

Jan.