Re: still wrong fonts

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: still wrong fonts
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:10:11 +0200

I can report that the problem went away when I installed
a newer version of fontconfig. Seems worthwhile to mention
this dependency in INSTALL.txt and consider changing the
configure warning to an error or a more informative warning.

   /Mats

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Hi,

Am I the only one who still have to link font files into ~/.fonts/
in order to get correct fonts for dynamics and fingerings?

Basically, I have a RedHat 9.0 without root access, so I have
had to install newer versions of fontforge, freetype, pango
and guile locally to be able to build LilyPond.
When running configure, I get the following warning:

WARNING: Please consider installing optional programs: libfontconfig-dev or fontconfig-devel >= 2.2.0 (installed: 1.0.1)

Could this be the source of the problems? Why, then, isn't this
warning turned into an error message and why isn't fontconfig
even mentioned in INSTALL.txt?

Also, how come that it's so hard to make LilyPond find the fonts
for dynamics and fingerings when it finds the basic feta fonts for
the music symbols without problems?

   /Mats