Re: 'make web' fails (and takes forever)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: 'make web' fails (and takes forever)
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:49:01 +0200

Daniel Johnson wrote:

This has been a problem on my end for at least the last ten releases. If I want to generate HTML documentation, I have to "make web", let it
fail, "make web", let it fail again, etc.  Eventually it'll finish cleanly.

I also noticed that make web fails if I have the MS Mincho font
installed on my Gentoo box.  Since this font attempts to cover a great
portion of the defined Unicode universe, I suspect that Lilypond is
trying to use it for some symbol for which Emmentaler is the desired
font.  Next time I generate the documentation, I'll re-install MS Mincho
first and send in a report if the build fails again.

You're probably running GUILE 1.6 which barfs when the entire mincho font is dumped as a string. GUILE 1.6 has a length limit of 16mb on strings.