Re: Naturals on all notes

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Naturals on all notes
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:45:45 -0500

Not to be argumentative, but in UE repeated notes within a measure only have the natural on the first note, so there still is a rule stating that not all notes get a natural or accidental. I have Schoenberg Suite Fur Klavier op. 25. I think the naturals are to remind us players who are used to tonal music in keys that a b-flat in a measure does not imply an a-flat etc. The rule that the absence of an accidental implies a natural still applies in atonal music, however.

I might want to investigate further, since I brought it up, whether the default C major key could be removed. And what kind of kaos that might create.

Stephen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mehmet Okonsar" <address@hidden> To: "Stephen" <address@hidden>; "Mehmet Okonsar" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>