Re: Settings for bagpipe music

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Settings for bagpipe music
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:15:48 -0700

On 29-Jul-05, at 12:15 AM, Sven Axelsson wrote:

grace notes used. I suggest this should be included in the official
distribution to save everyone from the hassle of doing it themselves.

To clarify: we're proposing that we include a
ly/bagpipe.ly
similar to ly/english.ly and whatnot.  I've tested several versions of
bagpipe.ly, and it works, other than...

Bagpipe music is a bit special since it is written without a key signature even though it actually has a signature (D major). The way I deal with this by removing the Key_engraver and Accidential_engraver might not be optimal since there are instances (though very rare) where you do like to show accidentials on certain notes. I provide a \flatten markup for those cases, but maybe there
is a better way?

... this \flatten thing.  I'm not certain that removing Key_engraver and
Accidental_engraver, and having a special \flatten markup is the best
way to do things.

Other than that, I propose that we accept ly/bagpipe.ly -- particularly since
it doesn't change anything for non-bagpipe music.  I've already added
docs for bagpipe stuff.  :)