bugOrNot? \mark above all other staff markings

From: Graham Percival
Subject: bugOrNot? \mark above all other staff markings
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 22:53:13 -0700

I initially reported this as a bug (since it's an undocumented change
of feature), but after thinking about it, I hope it's not a bug. (ie that
\mark will continue to act in this new way)

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2005-08/msg00001.html

As that (silly) example demonstrates, it's not ideal in every situation,
but if there was a good[1] way to lower the \mark , this would reduce
the amount of \overrides -- I have to raise the \mark almost every
time I use them, so only lowering a few \marks would be nicer.

[1]  extra-offset would certainly work, but that occurs after lilypond
has typeset everything else; this would result in a lot of blank space
between staff lines.