Re: doc help: 11.2.1

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: doc help: 11.2.1
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:50:02 +0200

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas, could you please give some expert comments on what
> I wrote in Documentation/user/programming-interface.itely
> in the latest CVS. I keep getting confused on these issues.
> Especially since I noticed by accident today that
> (markup #:line (#:finger "1 "  "A" ))
> seems to behave exactly the same as
> (markup #:finger "1 "  "A" )
> so the line command at the top level of the markup is implicit even
> when you use the Scheme syntax (markup ...) not only in \markup{...}.
>
>     /Mats

The `markup' scheme macro tries to mimick the behaviour of \markup, and
indeed there's an implicit #:line around markup's arguments.

\markup { markup1 markup2 }
===
(markup markup1 markup2)

\markup \column { markup1 \line { markup2 markup3 } }
===
(markup #:column (markup1 #:line (markup2 markup3)))

I'll make that more clear in the doc.

nicolas