Re: The optional \score? was: lilypond ./ChangeLoginput/regression/accid

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: The optional \score? was: lilypond ./ChangeLoginput/regression/accidenta...
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:56:11 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden>
To: "Mats Bengtsson" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:15 AM

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
To further motivate why I'm so fond of \score:
Compare when you look at a new C/C++ program. Where do
you start looking? I and most other people certainly start
looking for main to get a starting point when finding out
what it does. When I see a new .ly file, I do the same,
looking for \score{...} to get a starting point.

Point taken. However, the regtest is a large collection of snippets, and as such, we want to take out the redtape. Most of them have raggedright = ##t as well, but I haven't thought of a clean way to get rid of that.

I applaud your determination to make the Lilypond syntax as simple as possible and I practically threw a party at the demise of \notes at the 2.2 --> 2.4 change, but I think you could spend your time more productively than finding ways to get rid of \score and raggedright. \score is already optional for extremely simple examples like { a' b' c'' }

Stephen