Resource list: starting a wiki? [Was: Re: Resource list, revised and ext

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Resource list: starting a wiki? [Was: Re: Resource list, revised and extended again]
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:24:17 +0200

 à 17:05 +0200, Mats Bengtsson a écrit :
> It seems to me that a Wiki might be a good solution here.
It seems to me too, as Bruce "Fairchild" wrote:
"The need is for a single source of links for information useful to
Lilyponders, not cluttered with a morass of sources for composers or
musicians."

> We have already had a couple of Wiki's related to LilyPond
> over the years, don't know if any of them has survived.
>
>     /Mats

There was http://afavant.elte.hu/lywiki/FrontPage , also reached with
lilypond.org/wiki, mentioned in Lily 2.2 release announcement, which no
more exists, but there are still lots of links to this page in the WWW.

It seems that the only remaining wikis on LilyPond are
- on Debian http://wiki.debian.net/?LilyPond
- the Wikipedia article "GNU LilyPond"
These are certainly not good places to put resources links for
LilyPonders.

Why not starting a wiki on wikihost.org? It's free and it seems to be
fast and easy to use. Bruce, what's your opinion?

--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>