docs

From: Hans de Rijck
Subject: docs
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:38:58 +0200

Hi,

Some small remarks about the documentation (both html and pdf) for version
2.6.

Please add to index:
\afterGrace
\stemUp
\stemDown

6.5.1 Articulations

In the chart showing all scripts available, can there be some spacing
between the words, they are now almost impossible to decipher, for example
the third line reads:
   rheelltoertoeopenstoppedturnreverseturn

6.5.3 Dynamics

Please add a line how to get dynamics aligned. It's now very implicit.
What I mean is, your example
    c\< c\! d\> e\!
leads to a crescendo and a decrescendo that don't align (very ugly!).
If you do a small concession and write:
    c\< c\! \> d e\!
they are perfectly aligned. Of course it would be better if you could order
lilypond to automatically align dynamics, but we can't have it all.

10.1.3 Page formatting

can these subcommands be added to the index?

10.1.9

can raggedright be added to the index? took me half an hour to find it.

10.1.13 Creating titles

can these subcommands be added to the index?

Can the picture be centered? In printed PDF it falls off the left of the
page. Also in this example the lilypond example suggests that in 'opus'
different fontsizes are used, but in the result this is not visible

I hope this is of help,

regards,

Hans de Rijck.