Re: a new lilypond build failure

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: a new lilypond build failure
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:20:34 +0200

Thomas Bushnell writes:

> Ok; they were once used for processing the texinfo docs, right?

They are still used for producing the PDF documentatation, so there is
still a build dependency on tetex.  Also, tetex is great for making
documents with lilypond snippets, but this does not make tetex a
dependency (now that we dropped it).

> You say that the TeX backend is no longer supported (!).  Why is this?

TeX used to be our easy way out to produce output.  In the 2.5 series,
we managed to use pango to make the half-baken PS backend fully
operational.

Supporting tex output is a lot of work, and it probably has just one user.

Jan.