Re: Can an identifier contain a \score?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Can an identifier contain a \score?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:55:33 +0100

Erik Sandberg wrote:

Oh, it seems that you need to say \score{\foo}

Han-Wen: I find this syntax rather illogical. Is there a particular reason for it? May I change it?

It has its roots in the syntax of the POV raytracer.

If you can make this change in a way that is both unobtrusive and backward compatible, then yes.

BTW, I have rather grotesque plans for rearranging \score, \book etc. for the 3.0 release, so this will probably all change.