Re: Shaped notes

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Shaped notes
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:01:25 +0100

Eduardo Vieira wrote:
Hello developers,
I have some remarks about the shaped notes feature in Lilypond: It would be nice if the black shaped noteheads would have the same width as the round "so". The round note is noticebly smaller than the other shaped noteheads, which doesn't look nice. The withe notes (whole, and half notes) doesn't seem to have this imperfection, looks like that the round note has the same width as the other ones. My suggestion is to make the other black shaped notes with the same length as the normal round ones. That is what other programs that feature shaped notes have. It also helps with the tight spacing that we many times have to apply in making hymns. With best regards,

Hi, I've tuned down the width for solfa notes in 2.7 CVS.