Re: LilyPond processing mode

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: LilyPond processing mode
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 07:43:26 +0100

Peter Leschev writes:

>                I'm able to run it in guile, but it doesn't work in
> lilypond.

That's odd.

>            I get the same symptoms from a DOS prompt. Could it be that
>            it can't find some required libraries?

It could very well be that lilypond and guile find and use different
scm libraries.  You are running the mingw lilypond and guile, but have
cygwin installed too.

When you run lilypond.exe it will set GUILE_LOAD_PATH to make sure
that guile reads from .../LilyPond/usr/share/guile.  But when you run
plain guile.exe, it will look for guile libraries in /usr/share/guile/...

You may try some experiments with removing Cygwin's guile and
lilypond, or not using mingw at all.

Jan.