Re: Changing bar number alignment to left?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Changing bar number alignment to left?
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 01:42:16 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Hi,

Any objections if I change the current alignment of bar numbers from
right to left (so they are printed to the right (sic.) of the bar lines)?
See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2006-07/msg00087.html
If you mean self-alignment-X this causes the bar numbers at the beginning of a line to collide with the clef sign. I think it will take logic to distinguish between the bar numbers at the beginning of a line and the other bar numbers to implement this correctly. The current default works correctly for bar numbers at the beginning of the lines.

Paul Scott