musicxml2ly bug and fix

From: Phillip Kirlin
Subject: musicxml2ly bug and fix
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:19:05 -0400

Hi,

I think I have found a bug in musicxml2ly and I also have a fix for it.

BUG: musicxml2ly only outputs major key signatures, not minor (or other modes).
 The problem is in the python code that reads the MusicXML file.

FIX: in musicxml.py, change line 168 from

mode_node = self.get_maybe_exist_named_child ('mode')

mode_node = key.get_maybe_exist_named_child ('mode')

This is my first bug fix; I've never contributed to the project before (though
I've been using Lilypond), so I hope I've provided enough information.  I
thought this was too small as to warrant creating a whole patch, I figured a
higher-up could just go change that line.

Hope this helps.

--Phil Kirlin