[Bug?] Dotting notes by music function

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: [Bug?] Dotting notes by music function
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:09:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, all!

I would expect the following lily file:

\version "2.9.22"

dottedQuarter =
#(define-music-function (parser location note) (ly:music?)
   (make-music
    'NoteEvent
    'duration (ly:make-duration 2 1)
    'pitch (ly:music-property note 'pitch)))

\new Voice \transpose c c' {
  f4 f \dottedQuarter f f f
}

to produce the notes:

f4 f4 f4. f4 f4

However, it produces:

f4 f4 c4. f4 f4

That is, the pitch changes from "f" to "c", although I am trying to copy it from the original note. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I just want to have a function that adds a dot to the next notehead, and just that one notehead, and preferably without needing surrounding "{}" around the (unary) music argument.

Greetings,
Juergen