Git repository, was Re: doc branching

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Git repository, was Re: doc branching
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 02:25:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Interested parties can get the darcs repo at
>   http://lilypond.org/~hanwen/gub-git/

Well, I cannot. As I stated earlier, I gave up on darcs.

> however, I seem to have some trouble with importing the CVS repo into
> Git. My attempt is at
>
>   http://lilypond.org/~hanwen/lilypond.git/

Right now getting it.

> Unfortunately, it seems to be missing some files. Did I botch up the import,
> or is something wrong with git-cvsimport?

I found that at least one particular version of git-cvsimport forgot
files, but I had the impression that it was because of "--no-rlog".
Anyway, I will investigate. (This could take a week or so, as I am
travelling.)

It might well be a bug in cvsps, or git-cvsimport, or both. Hopefully I
can fix it.

> the CVS repository is available at
>
>  http://lilypond.org/~hanwen/lilypond.cvsrepo.tar.bz2

I have it.