Re: lilypond development moved

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: lilypond development moved
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:13:59 +0100

John Mandereau escreveu:
Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Hello all,

we've recently switched to GIT for version control. As a temporary measure, we had a repository at repo.or.cz. However, in collaboration with the savannah hackers, I've now successfully set up a git repository at savannah. Check it out at

   http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/

the repo contains both lilypond and the website (branch web/master). All the CVS committers have push access to the git repository as well.

The push/pull URL for developers is

   ssh+git://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/lilypond.git

Hi,

I have just switched to git for lilypond source code and lilypond.org,
so I have a few questions (about both master and master-web heads):

1) Is comitting to CVS strictly forbidden from now?

No,

2) Are the committers going to receive email notifications from
address@hidden like with cvs?
(or shall we just track the RSS feeds?)

Please track the RSS feeds, and if they do not work (the summary doesn't contains non-master branches, it seems), please complain to the git list (gmane: gmane.comp.version-control.git)

3) How are we supposed to write commit messages?
(Shall we just copy the ChangeLog entries?)

4) As a consequence of 3), are ChangeLog entries still necessary?

No, don't write ChangeLog entries anymore. Just put all the information in the commit log.

Besides that, I'm sorry about the little delay in lilypond.org
translation, I was not at the computer at 2.10 release time; the most
serious is that the French download page is broken. I fixed it this
morning and pushed to git repository at sv.gnu.org, but when I'm writing
this lilypond.org is not updated.

Thanks, this is fixed now.

LilyPond Software Design