Re: skyline vertical spacing

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: skyline vertical spacing
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:58:08 +0100

Joe Neeman escreveu:
Here's a patch for introducing skyline vertical spacing. The bulk of the changes are to rewrite skyline so that
1) merging is linear (in the sum of the lengths of the skylines) time
2) building a skyline from boxes is O(n lg(n)) time
3) we support sloped-roof skylines. This isn't used yet, but I think it can be used for skylines where more accuracy is needed (for example in horizontal spacing). In any case, it only adds a constant factor to the complexity.

It would be nice if someone could review my changes particularly in tie-formatting-problem and accidental-placement. output-distance.py is OK with the changes, but I don't really understand the code there.

Looks ok to me, from casual inspection.

Maybe it's easier if you pushed this into a jneeman branch? Then we can try out the patch with minimal fuss, and also see what the patch looks when it is applied.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com