Re: Documentation translation: first patch

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Documentation translation: first patch
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:15:53 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> John Mandereau escreveu:
> > I hope this plan shouldn't involve ugly/clever hacks. How does it sound?
>
> Sounds ok to me.

So, if you and Jan are not in a hurry to release 2.10.1 or to merge
fr-doc after 2.10.1, I volunteer to work on GNUmakefile.in:WWW-post and
add-html-footer.py.

> > I'm going to create a "DOCUMENTATION TRANSLATORS" section in THANKS, and
>
> maybe we could just have a TRANSLATORS section?

OK, as AUTHORS already says wo did what.

> > Speaking of, I have some questions about style. I think I understand the
> > reasons leading to most of the rules in README.txt, except one.
> > It sounds well to me that most snippets continue the sentence, as if
> > music or code were just words; however, I feel there needs to be a colon
> > in much more places in French translation than in the original, because
> > I feel the snippet is another part of the sentence there.
>
> This is about NEWS, right?

I was rather talking about the tutorial, especially the French
translation. IMHO the NEWS should also follow the guidelines of
Documentation/README.txt. If this should be fixed, I'll do this.

> > About fresh news from the translators, Ludovic Sardain has translated
> > introduction.itely. IMHO we should deal with the tutorial well first,
>
> Cool. Please encourage people to send feedback about the text as well
> btw. introduction.itely hasn't been revised for a long time.

I will do.

John Mandereau <address@hidden>