Re: Help with git and LilyPond Tutorial

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: Help with git and LilyPond Tutorial
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:36:49 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006, Daniel Tonda wrote:

> After each modification I have done:
>
> git add es/<file>
> git commit -m 'add file' es/<file>

You could -- in theory -- provide a little bit more specific commit
messages...

> After finishing the translation session I've tried: git push
>
> I get the following output:
>
> $ git push
> fatal: 'origin': unable to chdir or not a git archive
> fatal: unexpected EOF

It means that the default upstream server ("origin") is not set in your
setup. You should rather do something like

        $ git push address@hidden:directory master:refs/heads/remote-branch

where address@hidden:directory is the upstream host, and remote-branch is the
name you want your work to be visible after the push.

I don't know what these settings are for LilyPond in your case, sorry.

But once you have them, you can set the default (so that "git push" works)
with

        $ git repo-config remote.origin.url address@hidden:directory
        $ git repo-config remote.origin.push master:refs/heads/remote-branch

Hth,
Dscho