Re: Singing support for LilyPond

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Singing support for LilyPond
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 18:56:23 +0100

Milan Zamazal escreveu:
> We have finished the first version of the LilyPond singing support using
> the Festival speech synthesis system.  On the user side it works
> somewhat similarly to MIDI output: The user inserts a special LilyPond
> command to lyrics places he wants to sing and by processing the .ly
> file(s) and calling Festival he receives a synthesized song.  Emacs
> support is provided to help to sing parts of the source file, possibly
> accompanied by the MIDI output.  The whole thing is primarily intended
> to serve blind and visually impaired users for checking correct
> placement and notation of lyrics in the LilyPond files they prepare.
>
> Here is a patch against LilyPond 2.11.2:

also, on the larger scale, I don't fully understand the need for the patch.
Why isn't possible to have script/program that sings any MIDI file?
LilyPond already exports its lyrics to MIDI. I imagine that
the only work necessary is to glue together syllables to words.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com