Re: LilyPond suggestions

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: LilyPond suggestions
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:55:02 +0100

Jesse Engle wrote:
1) There is no way that I have yet discovered to notate rhythms for all four limbs,

Where did you look?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Percussion-staves

2) LilyPond does not provide ratio-notation for odd groupings. For instance, if I notate a group five sixteenths in the place of four sixteenths, I like to write "5:4" rather than just "5".

Kieren covered this one.

3) LilyPond will not bracket an odd grouping that is within an odd grouping correctly.

Congratulations you found a bug.

4.) There is no way to create an entire page of exercises

Sounds like you should use lilypondbook for this.

-Rune