Re: test coverage

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: test coverage
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 22:28:57 +0200

On 1/2/07, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I've been running coverage tests of the input/regression/ suite, to
see which parts of the code are not excercised.  This has already
turned up some bugs.

You can get a full overview by running buildscripts/build- coverage.sh,
but here are some interesting offenders

cov % ( lines): file
5.04 (   238): vaticana-ligature-engraver.cc
52.49 (   341): lookup.cc
0.00 (   132): page-turn-page-breaking.cc
3.10 (   129): vaticana-ligature.cc
7.27 (   110): gregorian-ligature-engraver.cc
61.33 (   225): page-spacing.cc
64.14 (   145): page-turn-engraver.cc

Joe - can you look into writing a couple of tests for the
page-breaking stuff?

I have all the page-breaking files with coverage around 90% now, but I'll try to improve it a bit more (btw, the reason page-turn-page-breaking.cc was so low is that I forgot to put a \book around the regression tests so the lilypond-book output skipped the page-breaking stuff. Oops).