Re: Reorganizing the contents of the \paper block

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Reorganizing the contents of the \paper block
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:21:12 -0800

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Trevor Bača escreveu:
Wow. I really like this. Anyone else?

I don't.

I don't like it either, but for different reasons.

- how do identifiers work? Where do we define them? Does it make sense for an identifier to be bound up in the "File" or "Book" or "Staff" contexts?

- explicitly adding everything is fine for big files, but we have about 300 bugs and we'll have another 200 during the next year. I really don't want to add extra fluff to them... and that says nothing about the docs.

You said that university people had problem with file structure... were you teaching this course with the new-ish chapters 3-5? Did you point them at the templates? IMO, if you've read 3.1 - 3.3, 4.1 - 4.2, and a couple of the templates in Appendix D, it's clear how lilypond files work. If not, we should improve those docs instead of making a radically new file structure.