LSR --safe mode

From: Graham Percival
Subject: LSR --safe mode
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:42:47 -0800

All the snippets in input/lsr/ should (in theory) be safe, since they are generated from LSR, and LSR only accepts snippets if they compile in --safe. Still, we should have an automatic testing before adding stuff to GIT, so I don't have to look at the snippets myself all the time.

I can think of two ways to do this; which is better?
1) Run "lilypond --safe" on each file when I import them from LSR, before committing to git. I would do this as part of the buildscripts/makelsr.py file, but I don't know how to run "lilypond --safe" and check that there's no errors, as part of a python script.

2) Compile input/lsr/ with "lilypond --safe" instead of lilypond. This would require modifying the "make web" buildscripts, but I'm not certain how I would go about this. John?