Re: Please rebuild with newer version of MacOS X developer tools

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Please rebuild with newer version of MacOS X developer tools
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:51:29 +0100

Matthias Neeracher escreveu:
> Han-Wen and/or whoever is currently packaging the MacOS X Intel version
> of lilypond:
>
> I've noticed for several months that the official Lilypond.app Intel
> builds posted on lilypond.org did not run under the forthcoming MacOS X
> 10.5 (Leopard) release (My own builds of the fink package did not have
> this problem). After an Apple-internal investigation, we've determined
> that the current Intel builds must have been made using the Intel
> developer tools predating the actual Intel machines. Binaries produced
> by these tools work on 10.4 (Tiger), but NOT 10.5 (Leopard).
>
> Could you please update your copy of Xcode to version 2.2.1 or later for
> future Lilypond builds?

Hello,

we use GUB (see http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=log;h=gub)
to build binaries, not Xcode.  We link against

http://lilypond.org/download/gub-sources/darwin8-sdk-0.4.tar.gz

which is based on something that I got from ADC. Unfortunately, I can't
work out which version it is.

If you could provide me with a similar tarball (or URL) which does work
for 10.5, that would help. Unfortunately, the ADC requires login, so
I can't put the proper URL for the SDK package right inside GUB.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com