LilyPond parser for Canorus

From: Matevž Jekovec
Subject: LilyPond parser for Canorus
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:08:15 +0100

Hello Lily developers,

I'm writing/extending the LilyPond parser for Canorus. The idea (as
mentioned a few times before on Canorus and LilyPond MLs) is to have a
built-in capabilities in Canorus for editing the current score in
LilyPond syntax as well as importing the external LilyPond file of
course. Currently I'm writing lots of facilities for parsing the basic
Lily elements manually.

However, I'd like to know if I could somehow combine the original Lily
parser and Canorus, but I don't know wher to start (is LilyPond parser
separated as a library)? I'm thinking mostly in terms of GUI like syntax
errors/warnings, autocompletion and finally parsing the pretty
sophisticated LilyPond syntax itself. I didn't look at LilyPond parser
yet. How does JEdit and JLilyTool solve autocompletion for example? What
I'd like to is to share the most code as possible for easier
maintainence and for being up-to-date.

What do you think? Shared visions welcome :)

Regards.
- Matevž
Canorus development team
http://www.canorus.org