Re: Website Redesign

From: Bryan Stanbridge
Subject: Re: Website Redesign
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:30:49 -0400

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
FWIW, I like designs to

- use as little rules as possble
- be scalable (this one introduces scrollbars at 800x600)
- use real tabs

I think mozilla.org is pretty much what we'd want. Unfortunately,
we'll also need work on the infrastructure side to make this work.

IMHO, a better start  would be to clean up the current script so we
can generate the 'old-school' website using CSS completely, and then
do a redesign based on CSS.
Greetings,

I've taken a recent snapshot of the web site and put up a version at http://www.purplefrogpress.com/lilypond/

It duplicates the current web site, using standards to the best of my ability. Before I start figuring out the python that's generating the pages, I thought I'd put out a request for comments. The css is here:
http://www.purplefrogpress.com/lilypond/reset.css
http://www.purplefrogpress.com/lilypond/main.css

Any comments and critiques are appreciated.

Cheers,

Bryan...