Re: scheme problems on ppc

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: scheme problems on ppc
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:12:28 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
Debian etch, linux/PPC, git head. I have no trouble compiling this file on OSX/intel. I had some trouble getting international stuff set up (well, I forgot that I needed to install the packages), but now files such as input/regression/utf-8.ly and input/sakura-sakura.ly are working fine. This _is_ a new system, and the first time I've ever tried out the linux binaries, so I might be missing something obvious.

I don't have guile installed, so lilypond is using whatever guile currently comes with 2.11.22. I'm using the ppc binary, and other files compile fine.

I don't really understand. On the first line you said "git head" and here you say "ppc binary". Did you use the installation package from lilypond.org or did you
compile yourself from git head?
file typography-demo.ly returns "UTF-8 Unicode text"

lilypond typography-demo.ly
Converting to `typography-demo.pdf'...
`gs -q -dSAFER -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595.28 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=841.89 -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r1200 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile="typography-demo.pdf" -c .setpdfwrite -f "typography-demo.ps"' failed (256)
This tells you that Ghostscript failed converting the file. The messages below are probably a consequence of this Ghostscript problem. I don't think it's because of any Guile problems. If you run lilypond --verbose, you should get more information.
Is it the Ghostscript from the LilyPond installer?
programming error: Parsed object should be dead: static scm_unused_struct* Prob::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Parsed object should be dead: static scm_unused_struct* Context_def::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Parsed object should be dead: static scm_unused_struct* Lily_lexer::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Parsed object should be dead: static scm_unused_struct* Grob::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
continuing, cross fingers
error: failed files: "typography-demo.ly"

  /Mats