Re: [patch] \label, page references

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: [patch] \label, page references
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 20:28:42 -0300

Nicolas Sceaux escreveu:
> The regression test illustrates how this can be used for a table of
> contents.

cool! The TOC can also be in front of the music? Also, is there a pagebreak
in the music?

> However, an major issue is remaining: only top-level markups can access
> the paper-book instance, and thus the labels table. (With little effort,
> page headers and footers could also do it). This means that \page-ref
> won't work in a TextScript. I can't find a way to make that possible,
> other than by modifying the paper instance. (Grobs can't access the
> paper-book, do they?).

Hmmm, I guess you're right: text-markups need to keep a pointer to
state to pull this off.  I guess inside \paper{} is the only feasible place, but
we should be vigilant; if we have to add a similar construct for something
else, we should consider making a Formatting_state object (referenced from
the \paper{} block) to hold these settings.