Re: markup-lines.ly not failing gracefully

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: markup-lines.ly not failing gracefully
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:46:06 +0200

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> The TOC stuff look really neat; thanks for adding it!  I have two issues:
>
> 1)  In the future, could you add examples of new features (the
> regression tests are fine) to  input/new/DIR/  ?  Don't worry about
> doing it for these three (markup-lines.ly, page-label.ly, and toc.ly),
> but in the future please do this.

ah, ok.

> 2)  Running markup-lines.ly in -dsafe mode produces weird behavior.
> [...]

define-markup-list-command (and define-markup-command) cannot be used in
safe mode. set-default-paper-size neither (but this one can be removed
from the example files). I don't know why with -V the file fails
before. As for the hanging, it seems that it has to do with the page
breaking.

I don't see yet how to make define-markup-command and
define-markup-list-command safe, as these scheme macros are defined in
the ly/* init files, not the scm/* files.

I thought the LSR snippets where ran in a chrooted jail, which made -dsafe
useless?

nicolas