RE: Patches for fret-diagrams update.

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: RE: Patches for fret-diagrams update.
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:13:29 -0600

OK -- I wasn't sure if we wanted the fret-diagram-details to be an
alist-chain or an alist.  I realize that I used the alist-chain parsing
stuff, but I was starting to think that was a  mistake, because I
thought I wanted fret-diagram-details to be an alist, not an alist
chain.

If an alist chain is really the recommended method, then I'll avoid the
destructive stuff.

Also, as I thought about the use of the fret-diagram-details stuff, I'm
thinking that I want _all_ of the formatting information about the
diagram to be part of the details, so I'll probably add size and
alignment, as well.  Then a single override of fret-diagram-details can
have all of the fret diagram information.

I've thought about eliminating all of the formatting information from
the description string.  I'll do a further analysis before I make a
recommendation.

Carl