Re: Patchy email

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Patchy email
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 10:16:21 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 9:02 AM

address@hidden writes:

File "/home/patchy/lilypond-extra/patches/compile_lilypond_test/__init__.py", line 328, in build
    issue_id)
File "/home/patchy/lilypond-extra/patches/compile_lilypond_test/__init__.py", line 266, in runner raise FailedCommand ("Failed runner: %s\nSee the log file %s" % (command, this_logfilename))
FailedCommand: Failed runner: nice make doc -j9 CPU_COUNT=9 -s
See the log file log-staging-nice-make-doc--j9-CPU_COUNT=9--s.txt

Anything in here?  The commits in between have some relatively minor
documentation work by Keith, minor changes by the release, and the
spacing change bundle by myself.  That spacing change bundle will, of
course, also apply to all of the documentation, and Ghostscript has
independently stopped working for me on Raring Ringtail, so I have
little possibility to verify.  Ghostscript itself has not been updated
recently, so it is more likely some Apparmor or library setting that has
rendered Ghostscript on my system non-cooperative (to the degree where
even using LilyPond 2.16.0 will not work either on some documentation
files).

Is it possible that you got hit by the same?

I set my patchy running and went off to read the papers.  Now back.

This is the output from my logfile:

Changing working directory to: `./out-www'
Processing `/home/patchy/patchybuild/autobuild/Documentation/ly-examples/orchestra.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress encountered for #'adjacent-pure-heights (VerticalAxisGroup)
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress encountered for #'adjacent-pure-heights (VerticalAxisGroup)
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress encountered for #'adjacent-pure-heights (VerticalAxisGroup)
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress encountered for #'adjacent-pure-heights (VerticalAxisGroup)
continuing, cross fingers
Segmentation fault

Don't know whether this is the same problem as you've been having. If you give me some debug advice, I'll see what's happening.

--
Phil Holmes