Re: getting fc-list to see gsfonts

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: getting fc-list to see gsfonts
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:30:29 +0200

Mark Polesky <address@hidden> writes:

> So, after Julien's patch
>
>   https://codereview.appspot.com/13390043

Have you applied it manually?  Because it is not in master yet.

> I finally get a proper error at the configure stage:
>
>   ERROR: Please install required programs:  International
>   New Century Schoolbook fonts (make sure the fc-list
>   utility can see them, or use --with-ncsb-dir)
>
>   See INSTALL.txt for more information on how to build
>   LilyPond
>
> After a lot of searching, I realized that all I needed was
>
>   ../configure --with-ncsb-dir=/usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/
>
> and now my fonts work (finally!).
>
> But now I'm curious, how do I get fc-list to "see" the fonts
> in the gsfonts directory?

Oh, it sees them alright.  The problem is just that it sees other fonts
first.

As soon as Julien pushes
<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3526> which has
been on Patch-push state for over two days now, you should be fine.  No
idea what the holdup is.  Julien?