Re: Quarter-tone arrow notation [was: Re: improving our contributing too

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: Quarter-tone arrow notation [was: Re: improving our contributing tools and workflow]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:15:29 +0200

On 26/09/13 17:35, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
Unfortunately, it was someone putting forward a workaround which I'd already
proposed and found lacking, as it doesn't play nice with transposition :-(

There was actually a patch submitted which tweaked the internal pitch
representation appropriately: https://codereview.appspot.com/3789044/

... but work on it seems to have been abandoned.

I should add that despite being the author of the original enhancement request, I don't think I was ever invited to take part in that review, which is a shame, as a number of participants seem to have misunderstood what I asked for.

It may have just passed me by, though. I was working in a very intense and stressful job at the time and not following discussion very closely.