Re: Unable to merge staging

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Unable to merge staging
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:47:37 +0100

Francisco Vila <address@hidden> writes:

>> Francisco pushed commits directly to master instead of staging.
>
> Oh.
>
>>  I've
>> taken a look through the commits, but at least
>>
>> commit b8f58d9897229562d1fb2dc558f8f4309005008d
>> Author: Francisco Vila <address@hidden>
>> Date:   Fri Feb 7 12:01:47 2014 +0100
>>
>>     Doc: misplaced comments produce wrong HTML output.
>>
>> is totally wrong (I don't think was ever entered into review and cannot
>> find the commit id in the issue tracker) since the problems will get
>> reintroduced when makelsr is getting run: the problems need to get fixed
>> in Documentation/snippets/new instead and propagated with makelsr.
>
> The patch was labeled 'push' but then, following the comments to the
> patch, I made the changes to snippets/new and snippets/.

Looking at git log --stat it would appear that I did not realize changes
to be in both files.  However, in order to avoid unexpected changes
(even if just in whitespace etc), one should always just do the changes
in snippets/new manually and then commit the makelsr run separately.

At any rate, the additional revert will at least buy as an actual Patchy
run.