Re: GSoC 2014

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: GSoC 2014
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 20:25:33 +0100

Am 19.02.2014 20:16, schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

Am 19.02.2014 18:41, schrieb David Kastrup:

There is a three-month limit as far as I can see.  There seems little
point in proposing stuff that a student cannot realistically be expected
to wrap his head around in the given time frame.  The GUILEv2 migration
is a project where you need to build and work with a rather confined set
of expertise and then continue applying it until you get to the end.

I think that has a reasonable chance of fitting in the time slot without
previous heavy exposure to the LilyPond code base.  It's not a given,
but it has a reasonable chance.  With something vague and complicated
like "tie crusade" or "slur formatting", I don't see anything happening
with a tangible result.

That may well be true, and my suggestion wasn't too educated.
But I had the impression that at least the Tie project was of a
reasonable size,

What _is_ the "tie project"?  There are lists of ugly ties.  That's not
a project.

http://lilypondblog.org/tag/tie-project/

and equipped with enough pre-research.

I don't see anything that would serve as either a direction or a
starting point.

Maybe that's still somewhat private in Janek's hand?