Re: Include ly.music (from Frescobaldi) in LilyPond distribution

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Include ly.music (from Frescobaldi) in LilyPond distribution
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:50:11 +0100

I agree. It will be useful also to highlight the snippets in the doc.

Il 20/feb/2014 15:32 "Urs Liska" <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I suggest that we include Frescobaldi's new ly.music library into LilyPond.
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/wiki/Notes-about-ly.music
It is a library _and_ a script to process .ly files.

For example it is able to construct a DOM for a LilyPond score and generate the .ly file from it. Apart from any other uses one might come up with this would make it easier to create the resulting LilyPond files from midi2ly or musicxml2ly

I see the following tasks:
- find a suitable place for the library in the source and build (probably below out/lib)
- make it accessible (export the path)
- incorporate it in the build system
- create a straightforward way to pull updates into LilyPond's source dir.

What do you think?

Urs