Ubuntu and LilyPond from scratch

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Ubuntu and LilyPond from scratch
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 16:55:46 -0000

No sure if this is of interest to anyone, but I have just successfully
installed Ubuntu 12.04.4 from scratch, followed by git, and the LilyPond
repository.  Following the CG, I then ran autoconf and configure, apt-got the
missing packages, and successfully ran make all and make doc.  I've never done
this before from scratch - previously I used Lily-dev - and was surprised how
easy it was.

Some minor comments:

I had to apt-get autoconf to enable the autoconf script to run and configure
then required dblatex (a surprise - I thought this was no longer used?) and
texlive-lang-cyrillic.  That's all.  Quite easy.  make all and make doc then
ran perfectly to completion.

Trevor