Re: Python 3 support

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: Python 3 support
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 05:53:01 -0400

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 3:33 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
I was of the opinion that GUB already uses Python 2.6?

GUB master at https://github.com/gperciva/gub (the current "official" home) definitely does not use python 2.6. It ships python 2.4.5

If you are using GUB master at https://github.com/janneke/gub then it does use python 2.6, but it lacks the fix for python's hashlib module, which then fails to import at run time. I added that fix and a couple others in the previously mentioned pull request.

(BTW moving GUB to a user-agnostic home such as https://github.com/lilypond would make sense to avoid such confusion. After Jan went mostly inactive, Graham took over as the "official" home, but he is now himself going into inactivity)

Regards,
Julien