Re: Question about customizing emmentaler font

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Question about customizing emmentaler font
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:04:02 -0700 (PDT)

Han-Wen Nienhuys-5 wrote
> As for the missing characters: my recollection is faded, but I think
> we do some special fiddling to select emmentaler for the alphabetic
> chars. Is your tweaked font also called emmentaler?

Han-Wen,

I thought more about what you said, which caused me to investigate
Gonville's build process. It turns out that it actually creates TWO copies
of its font, one with the internal name "Gonville-XX", the other with the
internal name "Emmentaler-XX". So I added the following code into the
fontforge script:

    SetFontNames("Emmentaler-20","Emmentaler-20","Emmentaler-20");

and it worked! Not sure why this makes a difference, but I am now a very
happy engraver :)

Thanks for your help!

-Abraham