Re: Question about customizing emmentaler font

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Question about customizing emmentaler font
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 20:54:51 +0200

Am 11.05.2014 18:36, schrieb Janek Warchoł:

To top it off, as I was trying to figure this out, I got to looking through
all the source code and discovered a way to make emmentaler, gonville, and
cadence (or any font that supports the LILY, LILC, and LILF subtables) all
usable without any funny renaming business and without overwriting the
emmentaler font. They can all reside in the same ".../fonts/otf/" LilyPond
folder and be applied to the whole document, just like we could already do
with any text font.

This is magnificent!  It would be great if you could write a patch for
LilyPond and put it up for review (i cannot do this myself because i
have too much other work).

I have already committed the original modified font.scm in a local branch, from where we could go on (I can also upload a patch for review). But I'm not completely sure if that approach can really go into LilyPond itself (instead of rather being turned into a includable snippet).

Also, I invite you to share all your lilypond-music font stuff in
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets repository.  We already have
smufl stuff there, and it would be great to gather all music font
resources in one place.

I fully second that. We can communicate privately (as we've already started) for how to achieve that.

Best
Urs

best,
Janek