Re: Limit looping in Grob::common_refpoint (issue 4079) (issue 134600043

From: eble
Subject: Re: Limit looping in Grob::common_refpoint (issue 4079) (issue 134600043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 13:15:18 +0000

On 2014/09/07 06:20:59, dak wrote:
I don't like it.  The maximum range of a variable is an arbitrary
value and this
"loop avoidance" will not do us much good on a 64-bit architecture.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I will make the limits template
parameters and restrict them to the range of a 32-bit int when used in
this method.  If someone with more knowledge of the internals can
suggest saner limits, I will gladly use them instead.

Or, much preferable, we should catch any such cases where the circular
reference
is established.

I agree that fixing the root cause is the best thing to do.  I am not
yet familiar enough with this stuff to do that, but this backstop is
beneficial.  Termination is more user-friendly than endless looping.
People tend to get angry when their time is wasted.

https://codereview.appspot.com/134600043/