Re: LilyDev not accepting paste from host clipboard

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: LilyDev not accepting paste from host clipboard
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 09:37:31 +0100

On Sat, 2014-09-20 at 09:25 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
>         yes, it's Oracle's VirtualBox. The thing is that it is working
>         for the
>         Debian stable that I use, so the VirtualBox settings must be
>         ok-ish. I
>         can only think it is the Ubuntu that is not playing ball. But
>         I'll have
>         a look (for a long time we were plagued by two different
>         clipboard
>         systems in Unix/X/whatever that were sometimes synchronized
>         and
>         sometimes not.
>         Thanks for the response though - useful to know this isn't
>         something
>         well-known to you guys that created LilyDev.
>
> Richard, maybe you should install linux-headers in your ubuntu guest,
> otherwise guest additions won't work.
> If you still have problems, I can give you the link to the new LilyDev
> iso (not yet official):
> https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2538#c40

Digging around in the VirtualBox docs I see that some OS come with guest
addtions built in, so this must be the case for the Debian (stable) that
I installed a few months back. And it must *not* be the case for the
Ubuntu that you are using for LilyDev. I was beaten back on my first
attempt to install guest additions for this Ubuntu as the relevant .iso
is not present in my VirtualBox package (on the host)

ls /usr/share/virtualbox/
nls  VBox.sh  VBoxSysInfo.s

I *think* this is just the plain Debian package that I installed.

Looking at the thread you referenced, you seem to have a number of
improvements to LilyDev in the pipeline, but I see no mention of guest
additions - I guess everyone will want these? - are they in the newer
version? If so, I will download and give it a test if you can give me
the url (http://www.sixbarsjail.it/tmp/lilydev3.iso gives 404).

Richard