Re: Issue 4154: Compact Chord Symbols Patch (issue 153160043 by address@

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 4154: Compact Chord Symbols Patch (issue 153160043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 17:19:14 +0000

On 2014/10/09 12:02:16, richard_rshann.plus.com wrote:

Well, that depends what I meant by the existing code - the specific
file
I was modifying calls chordRootNamer which is initialized to
note-name->markup which is in chord-names.scm:62, and that is where
the
quoted construct exists in the current lilypond code, in fact I see it
is repeated several times in that file.

Well, pulling code from a different file and functionality in parts into
a different file where they are basically integrated as flat code into
some parts of the code while other parts still call the other file --
that's a total maintenance and reading nightmare.  If the duplicated
code needs changes or maintenance, it is quite improbable that someone
working on it will find and change *both* copies as needed.

It would be best to extend the code to be able to do both tasks.  If
that is not reasonably possible, it would be good to factor out common
elements but keep the code doing the non-common parts in the same file.

https://codereview.appspot.com/153160043/