Re: Add chord range to make-part-combine-music (issue 144170043 by addre

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add chord range to make-part-combine-music (issue 144170043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 18:32:49 +0000

On 2014/11/01 18:04:31, Dan Eble wrote:
On 2014/11/01 06:37:11, dak wrote:
> I can rebase that patch if you want to see whether fitting a user
interface
> there feels better.

Would you settle for my original approach of adding an internal
argument but not
exposing any UI for it until after more thought is put into the many
interrelated issues that have been mentioned?

Well, you may have to rework once we have progressed on how we organize
internals.  But that beats getting nowhere because of deadlocking on
everything that might change.

With the user interface, it's a bit more icky.  At the very least, what
we get in 2.20 should either stay around or be fully upgradable using
convert-ly.  I am skeptical that we can really guarantee this for even
the current forced partcombine decisions yet.

I'm not getting half of the stuff done I want to.  And it *is* sort of
ridiculous that for every proposal regarding the part combiner I pull an
old issue out of the hat where I did not ultimately commit anything
because I was not really happy with it either.

But again: maybe I should just commit those and accept that we'll get
nowhere fast, and likely have interfaces in 2.20 that we cannot really
save or convert into 2.22.

https://codereview.appspot.com/144170043/