DynamicText alignment broken for make-dynamic-extra

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: DynamicText alignment broken for make-dynamic-extra
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 00:18:39 +0100

Hello Janek,

I am using Graham's make-dynamic-extra function to align properly
"composite" dynamic and text indications like "mp dolce" or "più f"
(for the latter the function is make-extra-dynamic, a bit different).
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-06/msg00335.html

For years it worked as I wanted, i.e. align the "composite" indication
with the "dynamic" part centered on the note head (like a normal
DynamicText). However in latest LilyPond version (stable 2.18.2 and
development 2.19.15) it does not work as it did before.

After some research on LilyPond mailing lists I read the thread
"self-alignment-X has negligible effects on dynamics"
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-07/msg00691.html
and issue 4036 and 3978

Is there something to modify in the make-dynamic-extra function
in order to make it centered on the dynamic again?
So that the "mp dolce" and "più f" indications in my scores are
correctly aligned again with latest lily version.

Thank you for your attention and your work on LilyPond.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>